Monday, July 5, 2010
Mandy cheered in the parade this year. The theme was "Great American Heroes" The girls were asked to bring a photo of their heroes to put on the truck. She took Papa!
Here she is 2nd from the left, back row.
They looked great in their new uniforms! Thanks to all who have supported Mandy in purchasing her safety pin watches---you helped buy this outfit! Thanks!
We had a BBQ at our house after the parade, and what better way to end the day than with fireworks? We drove down to Jackpot with friends and watched a "real" fireworks show!
It is our hope that each of you had a safe and happy 4th of July with family and friends!
Thursday, July 1, 2010
1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup sugar
5 tablespoons cocoa powder
1 egg (lightly beaten)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1 cup shredded coconut
1/2 cup walnuts (chopped)
1/3 cup butter (room temperature)
3 tablespoon custard powder (or vanilla pudding powder)
1/4 cup milk
3 cups icing sugar (powdered sugar)
8 ounces semisweet chocolate
2 tablespoon butter
1. Melt the butter in a sauce pan.
2. Stir in the sugar and cocoa powder until smooth.
3. Whisk in the egg and vanilla extract and remove from heat.
4. Stir in the graham cracker crumbs, coconut and walnuts.
5. Press into a greased 8 inch square pan and chill in the fridge for 20 minutes.
1. Cream the butter.
2. Beat in the custard powder and milk.
3. Beat in the sugar slowly.
4. Spread over the the base layer and chill in the fridge until it sets.
1. Melt the chocolate and butter in a pan and stir until smooth.
2. Spread over the filling layer and chill in a fridge until the chocolate begins to harden.
3. Score the chocolate where you will cut it into bars and chill in the fridge.
4. Before the chocolate hardens, cut into bars. (Use an hot knife and wipe clean after each cut.)
Cut into bars and watch the weight appear!