logo design

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Berries!

It has almost been a year since I've added to this blog--where does the time go? My recovery process is going well, and I'm back in the email, FB and Blogger saddle again, hoping I'll be able to get out and enjoy some sunshine, if it ever finds Idaho!

Meanwhile, I'm doing a bit of berry research for my niece---here ya go Maylee! Happy Berry Picking!


Soon it will be that wonderful berry picking season!


Huckleberries!

Blueberries!

Strawberries


Blackberries!

Here are some ideas for berry pickers! Great Ice Pop recipe---
what to do with the mush at the bottom of the berry bowl!

Oat can or recycled container with fabric necklace tied on

More buckets...

Here's a clever idea for an almost spill proof huckleberry or blueberry picker


This is what I remember---cut out milk jugs with ties that went around our waists---sure wish I had a picture of me and your mom to put on here---wouldn't that be a hoot!

Here's another clever idea!


Here's a great recipe for those berries at the bottom that are still full of flavor, but smashed:
Just add enough fruit juice (apple or other) to make it easy to pour into your pop molds. Freeze and enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, these are great ideas, thank you! Jonas & I will get right to making some of these, he is gonna love them!! And you are right, they will be perfect for munching and picking at the same time...which is what i always end up doing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! Maylee and Sir Jonas I want photos to add to our post when you get your buckets done! I thought those pops might be good in your hot weather, even to cool off a pregnant mama! I wish I lived close to your raspberry patch! Enjoy! Love, Auntie Jewel

    ReplyDelete