logo design

Friday, June 19, 2009

Treasures!

Here are a couple of treasures I found awhile back. One is an old telephone box, unfortunately the phone was not with it, but I thought it might make a primitive shelf box for the wall. Maybe it's the one they used on Greenacres! Remember how the Douglas' had to climb the pole to talk on the phone! Just think how far we've come with cell phones today.
Do you think Alexander Graham Bell ever imagined our day?



It's even got the little latch at the top.


Another fun find was this old wicker children's chair. I love the washed out white-washed look!


It makes a cute sitting spot for a couple of raggedy friends!


This is an old nail box I picked up at an estate sale.

Some of the nails were so rusted in place, they couldn't be removed.

Yes, it was just $3.00. The old guy looked at me so funny when I said I'll take it, but I don't need the nails! He shook his head and dumped them out for me, but I'm sure he thought I was crazy! I think it will make a cute shelf!

And my last treasure---a couple of old door knobs and brass plates. Can't wait to come up with something "Shabby Chic" to do with them! Happy Treasure Hunting!

1 comment:

  1. Where did you find all this fun stuff???
    It is awesome!

    ReplyDelete