logo design

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Super Bowl Sunday

It's tradition at the Posyluzny's to have Nachos for Super Bowl Sunday.
I simply brown 1 lb. of hamburger with 1 pkg Taco Bell Seasoning Mix
and 1/4 c. dehydrated (church) onions that I have let soak in water.
Place 1 bag of Tortilla chips on a jelly roll pan and cover with the hamburger mixture then top with lots of shredded cheese (our favorite is the Fiesta 4-cheese blend).
Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes,
just long enough to melt the cheese and brown the edges of the chips.
Top with diced tomatoes, chopped onions, olives, sour cream, LaVictoria Taco sauce, and whatever you like (peppers, beans, etc..).
Sit back and enjoy the second half of the Super Bowl!
Colts or Saints? It could go either way! The light show at half time was good!

Recipe Tip: While I'm browning my hamburger, I go ahead and brown 3 lbs. to put in the freezer. I add the spices and onions and place the cooked mixture in freezer bags. It's handy to just grab a bag from the freezer, thaw in the microwave and voila! ready for tacos, wraps, taco salad and even taco soup!

No comments:

Post a Comment